The British Chamber of Commerce is looking for a new colleague who will support our executive team. Apply for the work position of Office / Financial Administrator.
The British Chamber of Commerce (BCC) promotes the interests of its member-companies on both the Czech and international markets. With a platform of more than 150 members and 50+ networking events, educational seminars, and other social events on offer each year, the BCC is one of the strongest international chambers of commerce in the country.
The BCC is comprised of a team of 9 employees, each of whom is responsible and accountable for his/her own role on the team. Working for the BCC not only means being exposed to a dynamic and diverse work environment and a variety of tasks, but also being directly involved on an ongoing basis and having the opportunity to have a meaningful impact on the country’s highest level of trade and commerce. Members of our team are in daily contact with some of the most powerful business leaders, politicians and other well-known public figures.
Office Manager/ Financial Administrator
What to expect in terms of tasks / duties?
- Ensuring that the office runs smoothly, including proper administrative and operational work
- Communicating and corresponding with British Chamber of Commerce members, suppliers, and partners
- Record-keeping, accounting and paying incoming invoices (using the Helios accounting system)
- Maintaining record-keeping and accounting of petty cash and other documents
- Maintaining separate invoicing for individual projects
- Checking paid invoices, maintaining record-keeping of internal CRM system
- Regularly checking the BCC Data Box; maintaining compliance with deadlines for submissions
- Sending necessary documents to the accounting company
- Preparing materials for the annual audit
- Checking employee work attendance and sending necessary documents to the recruitment agency
- Preparing documents for salary payroll and making payments
- Managing employees‘ personnel files and property records
- Making arrangements for occasional corporate events held in the office premises; providing the event team with support in arranging events for BCC members
- Providing administrative support for the company’s management
What knowledge and skills should you have?
- Excellent organizational skills
- An excellent knowledge of both Czech and English
- A good working knowledge of MS Office programmes
- A positive attitude and approach to work
- A good sense of care and consistency
- Secondary school (min.) with GCSE / graduating exams (in the area of economics is an advantage)
- Previous experience working in a similar position is an advantage
- An active approach to problem-solving and tasks
- A pleasant demeanour
What we offer:
- The possibility of occasionally working from home (according to individual arrangement)
- Form of cooperation: full-time employment contract for 1 year with the possibility of prolongation
- A young and friendly team (e.g., office drinks, teambuilding events, etc.)
- A pleasant working environment (offices located in the centre of Prague)