Prague Airport is preparing for a strong summer season, during which, according to current estimates, it expects to handle over three million passengers. Passengers should get ready for their flight ahead of time and arrive at the airport at least two hours before departure.
“A demanding summer season is again upon us. We have been getting ready for this for a long time. We launched a recruitment campaign and invited interested parties to two recruitment days at the airport, during which we presented various job positions to them. We work closely with travel agencies and inform passengers on how to best prepare for their departure. We are also launching projects which will make the demanding summer traffic easier for us in the coming years, for example, replacements of X-rays at security screening points,” Jiří Pos, Chairman of the Prague Airport Board of Directors, said.
The recruitment campaign covers job positions across the entire airport. Applicants can find all open positions on the Prague Airport’s website pracenaletisti.jobs.cz.
“It has proven useful for us to provide passengers with information on how to prepare for their departure well in advance. We are therefore running our extensive educational campaign again this year, asking passengers to arrive at the airport in good time, which should be at least two hours before departure. We also ask them to go straight to security or passport control after checking in,” Eva Krejčí, Director of Communications, added.
TEN STEPS TO ENSURE PROBLEM-FREE AIRPORT JOURNEY
- REVIEW THE AIRLINE’S CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE AND INFORMATION ON THE NUMBER OF PIECES AND DIMENSION OF BAGGAGE ALLOWED
- LEAVE PROHIBITED ITEMS BEHIND
- PACK VALUABLES AND ELECTRONICS, INCLUDING POWERBANKS AND / OR ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES, IN HAND BAGGAGE
- CHECK THE TIME BY WHICH IT IS NECESSARY TO ARRIVE AT THE GATE FOR AIRCRAFT BOARDING AS SPECIFIED IN YOUR AIRLINE’S CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE
- ALLOW ENOUGH TIME FOR YOUR JOURNEY TO THE AIRPORT FACTORING IN THE CURRENT TRAFFIC SITUATION
- ARRIVE AT THE AIRPORT AT LEAST TWO (2) HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE TIME
- PROCEED TO THE CHECK-IN COUNTER IMMEDIATELY UPON YOUR ARRIVAL AT THE AIRPORT
- AFTER CHECKING IN, IMMEDIATELY PROCEED TO SECURITY OR PASSPORT CONTROL
- PACK LIQUIDS YOU NEED ON BOARD IN CONTAINERS WITH A MAXIMUM VOLUME OF 100ML IN A TRANSPARENT RESEALABLE PLASTIC BAG OF 1L IN VOLUME PER PERSON
- AFTER SECURITY OR PASSPORT CONTROL, CHECK THE FLIGHT STATUS ON INFORMATION SCREENS AND IF “GATE OPEN” OR “BOARDING” IS DISPLAYED, GO STRAIGHT TO THE GATE
Additional Getting Ready for Departure Tips are available to passengers on the Prague Airport’s website.