Workshop I Mediation Matters in the Workplace
A BUSINESS VIEW ON MEDIATION
RESOLVING CONFLICTS IN THE WORKPLACE
Conflict is a natural and normal part of any workplace. Where people interact on a daily basis, interests and ideas collide. Conflict isn’t necessarily something negative. When effectively resolved, it can help to grow on a personal and professional level. Avoiding conflict might seem like an easy way to deal with it. It does, however, only tend to push the issue underground, from where it will resurface and backfire in one way or the other.
In this workshop, you will learn how, by actively resolving a conflict when it occurs, a more positive work environment can be the outcome for everyone. You will learn moreover, how, in this process, Mediation can come in handy.
- Communication in the workplace.
- Understanding work place conflict and its sources.
- How to resolve a workplace conflict?
- When to bring in mediation to workplace disputes. How can it be to your advantage?
- Mediating employee-related disputes – how does it work?
- Conflicts in cross-cultural teams.
- Case study
- First session 9.00 am – 10.00 am
- Coffee break
- Second session 10.15 am – 11.30 am
After the end of workshop there will be time for questions.
Who should attend:
Managers and professionals who are interested in workplace mediation and conflict resolution, or working in cross-cultural teams. HR professionals and persons who are responsible for employee development.