Webinar: Important changes for hauliers moving goods between the EU and GB
New requirements for hauliers or carriers who move goods between the European Union (EU) and Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales).
DETAILED WEBINAR FOR THE
GOODS VEHICLE MOVEMENT SERVICE (GVMS)
In this online webinar, we will cover:
- New customs rules that you must prepare for now
Full customs controls will be required from 1 January 2022 for all goods that are:
- exported from the EU to GB, and
- imported into the EU from GB.
- How to register for the Goods Vehicle Movement Service (GVMS)
If you’re a haulier who will move goods through UK ports that use GVMS from 1 January 2022, you must register for GVMS now. From 1 January, if you’re not registered, you won’t be able to:
- board the ferry or shuttle,
- cross the EU/UK border, and
- clear your goods through customs.
- A reminder of new UK border rules since 1 October 2021
If you’re a haulier or carrier who moves goods between Great Britain and the EU, since 1 October 2021, you must now:
- Provide UK Customs with safety and security information for all goods that you move into the EU from Great Britain.
- Have a valid passport (if you’re an EU, European Economic Area or Swiss citizen) in order to travel to the UK
- Where to get more information
For the full report click here