Full-time job, starting from August 2017, 1 year fixed contract
The British Chamber of Commerce (BCC) promotes the interests of its member- companies on both the Czech and international markets. With a platform of more than 200 members and 50+ networking events, educational seminars, and other social events on offer each year, the BCC is one of the strongest international chambers of commerce in the country. We are located in the Florentinum building, a prestigious and highly representative office complex situated in the heart of Prague’s business district.
The BCC is comprised of a team of 9 employees, each of whom is responsible and accountable for his/her own role on the team.
Working for the BCC not only means being exposed to a dynamic and diverse work environment and a variety of tasks, but also being directly involved on an ongoing basis and having the opportunity to have a meaningful impact on the country’s highest level of trade and commerce. Members of our team are in daily contact with some of the most powerful business leaders, politicians and other well- known public figures.
– to support UK companies doing business in the Czech Republic in agreed sectors of responsibility (Food & Drink, Education, etc)
– to scope and develop opportunities for UK companies by conducting visits to key contacts and decision makers, organising and /or participating in relevant events;
– to supervise and prepare assigned missions and market visits including attendance at briefings / receptions and entertaining contacts;
– to brief UK companies and business visitors on developments and opportunities enabling significant assists;
– to maintain sector information and issue Export Opportunity leads;
– to respond to specific requests from UK companies for market information, through the provision of written and verbal advice, off-the-shelf information and chargeable services;
– to acquire by a variety of means (desk research, visits to companies, government departments, trade associations, trade fairs) commercial information which can be used for drafting of sector reports, briefings, chargeable services and identifying export opportunities;
– daily scanning of local publications for tenders and other commercial information
– to provide support and information for marketing & communication activities.
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org